Women’s Equality Day
Today, August 26th, 2019, is the 99th anniversary of women gaining the right to vote in the US. Women’s Equality Day commemorates this event and celebrates the continued fight towards equality. Women are still fighting for a spot at the table in many industries. Although women make up half of the workforce, less than a fifth of tech jobs are held by women. Only 5% of leadership in these companies are women. It’s important to uplift women not just on Women’s Equality Day but throughout the year.
At Highwire, women supporting women is how we thrive. Ways that women can help support each other in the workplace include:
- Creating a space for women to feel safe, encouraged and inspired to share ideas
- Recognizing women’s ideas and wins
- Creating a network of women that empower and mentor one another across multiple levels
It’s important that women build each other up and not tear each other down. By creating a space where women are uplifted and celebrated, we are providing women a platform to showcase their talents and creating a strong community that nurtures one another.
To celebrate Women’s Equality Day, we put together a list of events that women can attend to network, grow professionally, and be empowered by other women:
- Ellevate Network: Mobilizing the Power of Women
- Executive Women’s Forum
- Forbes Women Summit
- Fortune Most Powerful Women Summit
- Grace Hopper: Celebrating Women In Code
- NAFE Women’s Leadership Summit
- Network of Executive Women Leadership Summit
- She Summit
- Watermark Conference for Women Silicon Valley
- WIN Summit
- Women in Technology Summit
- Women’s Forum Global Meeting
- Women in the World Summit
- Wonder Woman Tech Conference
- WSJ Women in the Workplace
On today especially, take a moment to thank or acknowledge a woman who has helped you grow and extend that same support to another woman on her own journey. We are better together!