VIDEO: Meet the #HWCyberSquad & get a firsthand look at top RSA trends
This year’s #RSAC2020 was one for the books. I’ve been attending the show for 14 years and I’m always on the lookout for what’s different or unique year-over-year. This year was more of the same in terms of the outcry for stronger security leadership and a different approach, attribution debates and the promise of a million and one new security tools that will “stop” the latest cyber attack. So, I focused on something different this year. The sheer awesome-ness of my #HWCyberSquad was striking. I have never been more inspired by my team, our clients, the depth of expertise, and the strength of our partnerships.
See below for a few of this year’s highlights:
- We kicked off the week with some incredible news — the #HWCyberSquad was named 2020 PR Team of the Year by Info Security Products Guide for the second year in a row. This team represents the true power of collaboration, creativity and drive.
- Our detailed and thoughtful daily recaps (see Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3) captured RSA keynotes and all of the smart sessions hosted by our clients. We even got some standout coverage of our clients’ talks (see WIRED story featuring Chris Wysopal, founder and CTO of Veracode).
- We connected with reporters that we respect and feel grateful to be able to work with day-in-and-day-out on top security stories (e.g. see our Q&A with Reporter Alyssa Newcomb/Fortune and recap of our Cult of the Dead Cow Book Club with Joe Menn/Reuters).
- We hosted the annual Security Comms Happy Hour with our partner Meredith Corley and our friends at Offleash PR, W2Comms and Chen PR.
- We had the largest team of talented cyber security professionals to-date onsite and took some time to celebrate our win with our annual Cyber Security Appreciate Dinner (six years running!)
What separates the #HWCyberSquad is our passion and dedication to our team and our clients, and to honing our craft as cybersecurity PR professionals. We are grounded in our Highwire values (passion, curiosity, creation, balance, and collaboration), and they guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our ability to identify timely trends and topics that shape and inform our clients’ PR programs. After all, it’s a crazy-crowded market so you need practitioners that are always thinking two steps ahead.
With that, I am so excited to share this incredible “RSA Top Trends ” video produced by our very own #HWCyberSquad team. You don’t want to miss it.
Cheers to RSA 2020 and we look forward to seeing you all at Black Hat!
P.S. After the first conference of 2020, one thing is clear: Politics and policy continue to impact cybersecurity in almost every way. We’re investing time and talent into our policy expertise (you can check out an example here) and will be rolling out some exciting policy projects this year. Keep an eye out!