Introducing our training program to ensure success in PR
Just as technology, politics and culture change at a rapid pace, so do the skills required to succeed in the business communications landscape. As PR professionals, we are expected to stay at the top of our game and one of the best ways to do that is by constantly challenging ourselves to learn and try new things.
Through the Highwire Training Program, we aim to not only train the skills required for the job (pitching, messaging, writing, etc.) but also for business. To that end, we bring in improv coaches, productivity experts and management consultants to train us in those areas.
The Highwire Training Program consists of five complementary pillars:
- PR Skills: Based on skill level, we offer two tracks: Fundamentals and Advanced
- Writing/Editing/Pitching: Featuring our writing coach Lauren Edwards from WriteCulture, who conducts monthly level-specific writing, editing and pitching sessions and is available year-round for 1:1 consultations
- Mid-Management Training: Specifically guides Senior Account Executives through the transition to the Account Manager role
- Reporter Lunch & Learn: Reporters and editors give us the lowdown on how they work and how we can work best together
- Monthly Sessions: A catch-all for the larger skill areas such as productivity and time management, business development, management skills and improv
The old adage goes, “If you’re not growing, you’re dying.” Nowhere is that more relevant than in communications, where you’re only as good as your last article or tweet. Maintaining a solid training program with regular input from all levels is one of the keys to achieve relevancy and proficiency.
Keep an eye out for upcoming posts where we share our knowledge about what we’ve learned in training. And learn on!